PLN FAQs

How can I become a member?

• For students: UBC Geography graduate students can become members by joining the Mentorship Program. Applications for the program open in April.  Email grad...@geog.ubc.ca for more information.
  • For professionals: Individuals working in geography fields in NGOs, government and private sectors are invited to become members. For more information on membership requirements, email geog...@ubc.ca.

Do I have to be a mentor in order to become a member?

• To become a member of Geography’s Professional Leadership Network individuals are not required to become mentors. However, mentors are automatically enlisted as members.

As a graduate student, how can I become a member?

• To become a member, UBC Geography graduate students must enrol in the Geography Mentorship Program. Applications for the Program close each year in late May. Graduate students should contact grad...@geog.ubc.ca with any specific enquiries.

However, UBC Geography grad students may participate in PLN events without membership. Events will be listed on the PLN website and emails will be circulated in the leadup to events such as Leadership Symposiums, the annual PLN Reception and other networking activities.