Fluvial geomorphology, Hydrology, Hydraulics, Sediment Transport.
– BD and MD In Environmental Engineering – University of Trento (IT)
– PhD in Environmental Engineering – ETH Zurich (CH)*
(* Culmann Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis)
As a Postdoctoral Fellow at UBC under the supervision of Prof. Marwan Hassan, I am studying how mountain rivers change as a consequence of unsteady flows and different sediment supply regimes, with a combination of field data, experimental work and numerical modelling.
– Elgueta‐Astaburuaga, M. A., Hassan, M. A., Saletti, M., & Clarke, G. K. C. ( 2018). The effect of episodic sediment supply on bedload variability and sediment mobility. Water Resources Research, 54, 6319– 6335. https://doi.org/10.1029/2017WR022280.
– Saletti, M., Molnar, P., Zimmermann, A. E., Hassan, M. A., and M. Church (2015) Temporal variability and memory in sediment transport in an experimental step-pool channel, Water Resour. Res., 51, doi:10.1002/2015WR016929.
– Saletti, M., Molnar, P., Hassan, M. A., and Burlando, P. (2016) A reduced-complexity model for sediment transport and step-pool morphology, Earth Surf. Dynam., 4, 549-566, doi:10.5194/esurf-4-549-2016.
GEOB103 Our Changing Environment: Water and Landscapes Sections
Physical processes acting at the Earth's surface; water cycle; landforms; human impacts. Please consult the Faculty of Science Credit Exclusion Lists: www.students.ubc.ca/calendar/index.cfm?tree=12,215,410,414.
One fine body…
GEOB406 Watershed Geomorphology Sections
Hillslope and stream channel processes and their rates of operation. Analysis and modelling geomorphic processes and associated hazards at the watershed scale. Applications in geoscience and engineering.
One fine body…