Fluvial geomorphology, Hydrology, Hydraulics, Sediment Transport.
– BD and MD In Environmental Engineering – University of Trento (IT)
– PhD in Environmental Engineering – ETH Zurich (CH)*
(* Culmann Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis)
As a Postdoctoral Fellow at UBC under the supervision of Prof. Marwan Hassan, I am studying how mountain rivers change as a consequence of unsteady flows and different sediment supply regimes, with a combination of field data, experimental work and numerical modelling.
– Elgueta‐Astaburuaga, M. A., Hassan, M. A., Saletti, M., & Clarke, G. K. C. ( 2018). The effect of episodic sediment supply on bedload variability and sediment mobility. Water Resources Research, 54, 6319– 6335. https://doi.org/10.1029/2017WR022280.
– Saletti, M., Molnar, P., Zimmermann, A. E., Hassan, M. A., and M. Church (2015) Temporal variability and memory in sediment transport in an experimental step-pool channel, Water Resour. Res., 51, doi:10.1002/2015WR016929.
– Saletti, M., Molnar, P., Hassan, M. A., and Burlando, P. (2016) A reduced-complexity model for sediment transport and step-pool morphology, Earth Surf. Dynam., 4, 549-566, doi:10.5194/esurf-4-549-2016.
GEOB103 Our Changing Environment: Water and Landscapes Sections
Physical processes acting at the Earth's surface; water cycle; landforms; human impacts. Please consult the Faculty of Science Credit Exclusion Lists: www.students.ubc.ca/calendar/index.cfm?tree=12,215,410,414.
One fine body…
No GEOB course(s) were found for W2018 term.
One fine body…